[O] directory from which attachments are taken

From: kevinbanjo
Subject: [O] directory from which attachments are taken
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 15:54:22 -0700

I'm downloading files into my "~/Downloads" directory and attaching them to an org file in "~/Private/org" and every time it tries to look in the latter for the attachment and I have to navigate back to the former.  Is there a setting where I can direct it where to initially look for the files to attach or a setting where it will just keep the last place I attached a file and just use that as the initial value?