Re: [O] link recognition in orgmode

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] link recognition in orgmode
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 12:44:41 +0200

Hello,

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> The reason this came up is related to restructured text in a src block
> docstring. For example, using
> http://sphinxcontrib-bibtex.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage.html#roles-and-directives,
> one can write: "See :cite:`1987:nelson` for an introduction to
> non-standard analysis." and the cite: appears to be recognized as part
> of a link with `1987:nelson` as the path. In this case I would not
> expect that to be interpreted as a link. The backticks in the path are
> a little problematic for org-ref since they are not part of the actual
> key.

In this particular case, this is a problem of the fontification engine.
It shouldn't fontify Org elements in a src block, or any other verbatim
context. More precisely, `org-activate-links' does not check if match is
within such a context.

Ideally, fontification should use the parser, which doesn't fail in this
case. This is on my long TODO list; unfortunately, it has no NEXT
keyword yet.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou