Re: [O] ics calendar?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] ics calendar?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 11:13:15 +0200

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just noticed that Hugo supports .ics formats and thought it would be
> useful to have a calendar for the class. I've never done .ics exports in
> org -- I don't use the core calendar/agenda features very effectively --
> and am not sure what the best way to do this would be.  So I'm really just
> asking whether other people do ics exports and if so, how you structure the
> org source files and so forth.

1. Create the headline, "* Hacking History 2017 class {{{n}}}", maybe in a
   new file, classes.org.

2. Give it a date with "C-c .".  AFAIK you have to manually put the cursor
   on the new line.

3. M-x org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift and give
   (1- total-number-of-classes) plus a time shift, typically +1w-

4. Export to ICS, maybe as part of your publishing routine if ox-hugo uses
   ox-publish.

You should be able to create something like this,

* Hacking History 2017 class {{{n}}}
<2017-09-08 Fri 10:00-12:00>
* Hacking History 2017 class {{{n}}}
<2017-09-15 Fri 10:00-12:00>
* Hacking History 2017 class {{{n}}}
<2017-09-22 Fri 10:00-12:00>

I use org-caldav to synchronize with owncloud for what it is worth.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
The right to be left alone is a human right