Re: [O] ox-html export bug

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html export bug
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 20:52:10 +0200

On 09/08/2017 10:32 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
kadal <address@hidden> writes:

Seems like the second one should export to either "<h2 id="my-name">"
or "<h2 id="my-name" id="orge4e91c4">".

Is it valid HTML?

Regards,

This SO thread has confusing answers: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/192048/can-an-html-element-have-multiple-ids#192066

Looks like the second option will work.

Not valid according to :

https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#attributes-0

"There must never be two or more attributes on the same start tag whose names are an ASCII case-insensitive match for each other."

That said, the first option is better because if I'm setting a CUSTOM_ID, that's what should be used for internal links...

I agree with that. Ideally, if you set a CUSTOM_ID, then it should replace the default org generated id.

Regards,

Fabrice