Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 20:20:17 +0200

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

Hello Micheal,

> My requirements for orgstruct-mode or its replacement are very limited
> compared to what orgstruct-mode or outshine.el do or intend to do:

> 4) Key bindings exactly like Org

> All items 3)..7) are supported in orgstruct-mode, in outshine.el I was
> not able to make them work.

I'm not sure how orgstruct-mode does it, but since outshine is a minor
mode, it cannot use Key bindings exactly like Org, since many of these
are used in other major modes too.

It is not easy to find a prefix for a minor mode that is easy to type
but won't conflict with major modes.

--
cheers,
Thorsten