Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 21:04:45 +0200

Hi Thorsten

First thank you very much for creating outshine.

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure how orgstruct-mode does it, but since outshine is a minor
> mode, it cannot use Key bindings exactly like Org, since many of these
> are used in other major modes too.
>
> It is not easy to find a prefix for a minor mode that is easy to type
> but won't conflict with major modes.

Later I found that I don't have to use the outshine prefix key at all.
Outshine hijacks TAB like orgstruct-mode when on a headline and for
the other commands that orgstruct-mode hijacks as well I use now the
outshine speed commands. They work perfect with vi emulation by
switching to Emacs state (E) and back when done.

Michael