Re: [O] SCHEDULE duration not honored in iCalender export

From: Warren Lynn
Subject: Re: [O] SCHEDULE duration not honored in iCalender export
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:26:13 -0400

Hi Eric:

The change of "-" to "--" actually fixed the issue!. Thanks.

It would be nice though if the single "-" also works just like in org agenda, and I don't need to worry about missing one hyphen. But I am happy now. :-)

Warren

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday, 11 Sep 2017 at 14:29, Warren Lynn wrote:
> Emacs 24.5.1, Org-mode 9.1, Windows 7
>
> If I have task like this:
> * Spring break
>    SCHEDULED: <2018-03-30 Fri>-<2018-04-06 Fri>
>
> I would see "Spring break" listed in the daily agenda for each day between
> the starting and ending date in the "SCHEDULED" line. However, the exported
> ".ics" file only puts one entry for the starting date, which neither
> correctly reflects the task nor be consistent with the daily org agenda
> view.

Not sure whether this helps or not but a period is specified using two
hyphen characters: <...>--<...>

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_9.1-57-gc6e563