[O] Using orgtbl-mode with markdown: hfmt1

From: Carsten Bormann
Subject: [O] Using orgtbl-mode with markdown: hfmt1
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:15:06 +0200

As is, orgtbl-mode is a great addition to markdown-mode.

There is one snag:

The markdown table syntax isn’t fully standardized.
A number of implementations react unfavorable to the + characters that
orgtbl-mode uses as a column/row separator in the line separating the header
from the body of the table; they prefer the | character here as well.

So I apply this little patch in org-table-align each time I install a new
version of org-mode:

org-table.el
874c158
<              (hfmt1 "-%s-+"))
---
>              (hfmt1 "-%s-|"))           ; HACK: + ➔ |

Works perfectly.  But it would be nice not to have to apply this patch each
time I update.

Would it be possible to make hfmt1 configurable?
(Preferably, using a buffer-local variable so I don’t have to break tables in
org-mode proper?)

Grüße, Carsten