[O] Is it possible to repeat tasks only a certain amount of times?

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: [O] Is it possible to repeat tasks only a certain amount of times?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:01:09 +0300

Hi,

I have a task with the following timestamp:

<2017-09-18 Pzt 14:25-18:40 +1w>

which represents an event that's going to repeat every week during a
certain period (it's not a TODO item).  With this timestamp however in
my agenda it repeats forever until when I'll finally archive it.
Ideally I'd have sth like the following:

<2017-09-18 Pzt 14:25-18:40 +1w #9>

where the final ‘#9’ means that the event will only repeat _8 times_
(i.e. 9 times with the initial instance).  Is this somehow already
possible, or else would it be plausible to implement this mainstream (I
could try to generate a patch in the coming weeks for this, tho it would
take a while as I'm not very familiar with org's innards and I wont have
lots of free time)?

I have tried the following:

<2017-09-18 Pzt 14:25-18:40 +1w>--<another date>

but then the entry appears (unsurprisingly) on my agenda every day,
instead of only on Monday, which I dont want at all (these are lessons
that repeat every certain day of each week of a certain period, and they
are many).

Thanks in advance,

       Göktuğ.

--