Re: [O] [Feature request] LaTeX blocks preview

From: edgar
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature request] LaTeX blocks preview
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:28:54 +0000

On 2017-08-19 08:57, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
to be previewed in the same way as

         \begin{align}
           I_{0}
           & > \max{(\lambda_{f}^{2})}
           \\
           & > 2^{2}
           \\
           I_{0} & > 4
         \end{align}

It is not possible in the general case. The export block is not
guaranteed to contain a complete environment; it isn't necessarily
displayable either.

I am guessing that I missed this in the documentation or that it is conveniently unexpected behaviour, but I can do C-' to org-edit-special with \begin{align} ... \end{align} alone (as shown above; without the #+BEGIN_ ... #+END_).

- Related ::
   - org-edit-latex-mode
     There is org-edit-latex-mode, but it requires  some extra work:
     1. org-edit-special (C-')
     2. org-edit-latex-preview-at-point (C-c C-p C-p)
     3. org-edit-src-exit (C-')

Besides, the preview does not stay in the original Org-mode buffer,
but it's lost with step 3.

I beg to keep it as it is; it's not a bug, but a feature in my opinion. I just want to leave this for future reference to others. Thanks!

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!