Re: [O] Strange latex symbol behavior on html export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Strange latex symbol behavior on html export
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 18:55:18 -0400

> Hello,
>
> Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Consider this markup:
>>
>> ------------
>> * MATHEMATICS AUXILIARY
>>
>> ** deriving sines and cosines
>>
>> #+caption: Right triangle with two $\pi\big/4$ angles.
>> [[file:images/45-45-triangle.png]]
>>
>> $\big/$
>> ------------
>>
>> If I remove the second $\big/$, the first latex, $\pi\big/4$, in the
>> caption will not properly render on export to html. Include it and both
>> render just fine. Without the second, the first looks like this:
>>
>> Figure 1: Right triangle with two \(\pi\big/4\) angles.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> If you use

> the symbol in the caption is correctly rendered. It may be a bug in Mathjax.

I looked at the diff between html files produced with and without the $\big/$
addition.
The one without does not include any of the mathjax configuration code at all.
Is that
code included conditionally perhaps when a latex construct is seen? Maybe the
latex construct
in the caption does not trigger the inclusion?

--
Nick