Re: [O] (gnus-icalendar-org-setup) not evaluated in .emacs?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] (gnus-icalendar-org-setup) not evaluated in .emacs?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:02:19 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday, 14 Sep 2017 at 09:56, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the following in my .emacs:
>>
>>   (require 'gnus-icalendar)
>>   (gnus-icalendar-setup)
>>   (gnus-icalendar-org-setup)
>
> I have one setting alongside these:
>
>     (setq gnus-icalendar-org-capture-file "...path to my diary.org")
>
> I wonder whether gnus needs this to be defined for it to show all the
> buttons?  Maybe check the value of this before and after?
>
> I always see all the buttons (I think).

Rereading this, I decided to move the settings out from the Customize
block to before call to gnus-icalendar-org-setup:

(require 'gnus-icalendar)
(setq gnus-icalendar-org-capture-file "~/git/org.git/gtd.org")
(setq gnus-icalendar-org-capture-headline (quote ("Exchange")))
(gnus-icalendar-setup)
(gnus-icalendar-org-setup)

Now I get all the buttons first time round and didn't have to resort to
a flaky hack, so thanks, Eric.

But should this kind of ordering dependency happen?  Or should my
Customize block just be at the beginning of my .emacs rather than at the
end?

Cheers,

Loris