Re: [O] [RFC] New "kbd" macro?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] New "kbd" macro?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:08:57 +0000

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 8:54 AM Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:03 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> - HTML, MD :: as Kaushal points out, please use <kbd>.</kbd>.

This is (almost) already the case.

Thanks. I tried the second version of the patch and it works great. About the /almost/, the same <kbd>..</kbd> export worked for MD exports too.. as ox-md is derived from ox-html, and also as all Markdown renderers allow inline HTML.

Makes me think.. instead of hard-codng the kbd export forms in the macro, wouldn't it be better to define those in the respective exporter backends?

That way I can easily override the behavior I want using :translate-alist in my custom backend.

Can a mechanism be put in place so that we can have a 'kbd' element behavior that can be defined in the :translate-alist?
--

Kaushal Modi