Re: [O] Sibling visibility when accessing an item from the agenda

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Sibling visibility when accessing an item from the agenda
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:45:22 +0800

> What is the setting to control the visibility of the 4th-level siblings here?
>
> How I got to this point:
>
> - All headings collapsed (only top-level visible)
> - Go to the agenda week view
> - Put the cursor on the entry for "Elec. 2a 01" and hit return.

A bit of poking around, and I found I can use C-c C-r as a workaround.

But... I've been using this system for a few years now, and today is the first
time I needed to look for C-c C-r.

I'm quite sure in the past, when jumping from the agenda to a specific heading,
org would show the heading *and* the next sibling (and hide the others, which
is OK with me). But today, magically, in the middle of a session, the behavior
changed. I didn't change any customization variables, just, one minute it was
fine and the next it wasn't.

Such a mystery...
hjh