Re: [O] org-meta-return not on M-RET

From: Allen Li
Subject: Re: [O] org-meta-return not on M-RET
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 02:12:46 -0700

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Allen Li <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When I could not get org-meta-return to work in terminal Emacs, I
>> realized that org-meta-return is only bound to M-return and not M-RET.
>> Is there any particular reason for this?
>
> No idea. Fixed. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

Thanks for the quick fix.

I believe Emacs does intelligent remapping; for example if you type
M-return in GUI Emacs, if there are no bindings for M-return it will
look up the binding for M-RET.  Therefore simply binding M-RET and
removing the M-return binding is "better"/"cleaner".  This is a hugely
trivial nitpick, but I thought I'd point it out