Re: [O] org-meta-return not on M-RET

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: Re: [O] org-meta-return not on M-RET
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:34:40 +0200

The purpose of the M-RET binding is to allow quick splitting of long headlines generated during rapid brainstorming e.g.

* Common pets are cats and dogs

Can be quickly converted using M-RET to:

* Common pets are
* cats and
* dogs

This is a short distance from

* Common pets
  * cats
  * dogs

This used to be in the documentation, and I use this function all the time.  I'd hate to lose it.

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Allen Li <address@hidden> writes:

> I believe Emacs does intelligent remapping; for example if you type
> M-return in GUI Emacs, if there are no bindings for M-return it will
> look up the binding for M-RET.  Therefore simply binding M-RET and
> removing the M-return binding is "better"/"cleaner".  This is a hugely
> trivial nitpick, but I thought I'd point it out

Done. Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou