Re: [O] Org-babel Java imports

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org-babel Java imports
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:52:00 +0100

On Tuesday, 19 Sep 2017 at 09:51, Tim Jones wrote:
> I then tried preceding it with a package statement, which did not work
> either.

No, a package statement should not be required.  The classname matches
the java code.

What worked for me, accessing a class in another package, was to put
".:PATH2OTHERPACKAGE" as the option for the command line.

> It got me thinking that I had now idea how it could resolve dependencies,
> whether for java packages, which you would expect to be on the classpath by
> default and therefore could be found, or for external libraries, which
> would usually be downloaded and put on the classpath by a tool like gradle
> or maven.

classpath management in Java is a nightmare (in my experience)
compounded by tools like maven and gradle.

In any case, could you post a minimal org example including a java block
that you would expect to work, e.g. the HelloWorld example with some
other class reference?  Include any error messages from the
execution of the org block.

Also, what version of org are you using?

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-573-g09e612