Re: [O] Add ability to force-enable TOC

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Add ability to force-enable TOC
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:53:06 +0200

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> The change was intended. The idea was discussed on the ML. You may want
>> to check the thread.
>>
>> This is on par with, e.g., what LaTeX does.
>>

> What would be a good way, though, to bring back that functionality? I don't
> mind if I need to set extra options/variables for that.

In the case of LaTeX you could do:

    #+latex_header: \setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the new behavior is correct, seeing
Kaushal’s example.

The option "num" touches secnumdepth (in ox-latex).  But setting that does
not imply that all headings should be constructed with their starred
variant (e.g. "\section*{.}").

IMO, this behavior should be reverted in maint as it would be nice to
include 9.1 in the next version of Emacs.

Rasmus

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments