Re: [O] (gnus-icalendar-org-setup) not evaluated in .emacs?

From: Lars-Johan Liman
Subject: Re: [O] (gnus-icalendar-org-setup) not evaluated in .emacs?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:49:30 +0200

Loris Bennett writes:
>> Having said that, having let my .emacs grow organically (think "rampant
>> weeds") for 30 years, maybe I should take the shears to it.

:-) :-) Hahaa! LOL! I was thinking exactly those words earlier this
morning, while trying to debug a complicated "cond" statement that tries
to figure out on which computer the Emacs is being starting, and which
windowing system is being used on it.

But I've stopped trying to maintain my PS:<LIMAN>EMACS.INIT. (Is anyone
else that old? :-) My TECO is getting rusty ... ;-)

address@hidden:
> Management of an emacs init file is a challenge for anyone who has been
> using Emacs for a long time.

I have some files in CVS (yes, I'm that old ;-), but yes, Git is on my
mind too. Every new thing I archive I put in Git.

But, this looked interesting ...

> 3. I now use org to manage my init file. In fact, I have a few init
> files. I have a bare bones minimal init file which I use when I need to
> debug a specific feature/package or generate bug reports, I have an
> experimental one where I play with new things and I have my stable
> one. Using org, I can just 'tangle' a new init based on one of those
> files whenever I need it. I started by just putting all my existing
> setup into a block in an org file and exporting that as elisp. As time
> permitted, I broke bits off into their own blocks with explanatory
> comments/text so that I can remember why/what of the block.

Can you expand on how using Org for this is done? Examples?
Documentation?

                                Cheers,
                                  /Liman
# Lars-Johan Liman, M.Sc.                ! E-mail: address@hidden
# Cafax AB                               ! HTTP  : //www.cafax.se/
# Computer Consultants, Sweden           ! Voice : +46 8 - 564 702 30