Re: [O] How to generate clock report for hours worked each day?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to generate clock report for hours worked each day?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 08:39:27 +0100

On Monday, 25 Sep 2017 at 03:58, ConcreteVitamin wrote:
> Thanks!  This workflow works.
>
> I can't help but wonder, does my use case show that in org-mode philosophy,
> tasks are best filed under a plain entry, not within a datetree?

I would say that the org-mode philosophy is what works for you is
perfect!

My own workflow is that I use a date tree for "short" tasks, those that
will be done usually well within a single day's activity.  Longer tasks
are "projects" and they tend to have their own full structure.  E.g. I
have main headlines for teaching, research, and admin and I clock into
those while my date tree will be things like "Meet with student X",
"submit proposal", "prepare agenda for meeting", etc.

But everybody does things differently and that is the best thing about
org: it doesn't impose any particular approach.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.1-64-g657302