Re: [O] orgmode for many continuous tasks?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode for many continuous tasks?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:40:26 -0700

Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:

> Peter Neilson writes:
>

>> * TODO Devise a way to project my agenda (in unavoidable brilliance) onto
>> the side of the barn, or perhaps embroider it into the fleece of my sheep
>> (who * TODO need to be shorn).
>>
>> Plausible (or implausible) solutions to my problem or to Mycroft's are
>> hereby solicited.
>
> On the right track, but perhaps wrong scale. What you need is to embrace
> the exciting possibilities of augmented reality! A pair of glasses where
> whenever you look at something which has a related todo or note in your
> org files, displays the item in a little box linked to that item.

The answer is obvious: a clipboard! It's rugged and inexpensive.

I've actually done this a few times, when I've been using Org to
organize event management and was out of the office all day long.
Printed out my daily agenda in the morning, made notes on the clipboard
throughout the day, and entered changes into the computer at the end of
day.

It's remarkably calming. It's nice just to have something physical to
look at.

Eric