Re: [O] Confused about the explanation for 'org-cycle'

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: [O] Confused about the explanation for 'org-cycle'
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:54:20 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes on Wed 20 Sep 2017 12:57:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
 > [...]
 > I rewrote the part about `org-cycle-global-at-bob'. Hopefully it is
 > clearer now.

Thank you, Nicolas and Matt, for the feedback.

I updated to version org-20170925 and what I read now:

   You can run global cycling using <TAB> only if point is at the very
   beginning of the buffer and `org-cycle-global-at-bob' is set to a
   non-`nil' value.

is indeed fully clear to me concerning the issue I raised.

But now, compared to the previous version:

   When the cursor is at the beginning of the buffer and the first
   line is not a headline, then <TAB> actually runs global cycling

it is not clear to me why the mention "and the first line is not a
headline" has been suppressed.  Perhaps it has been replaced by the
addition of the word "very"?  If so, I feel it is maybe a little bit
less explicit.

Regards,
Alain

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden