Re: [O] Confused about the explanation for 'org-cycle'

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Confused about the explanation for 'org-cycle'
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:41:39 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> But now, compared to the previous version:
>
>    When the cursor is at the beginning of the buffer and the first
>    line is not a headline, then <TAB> actually runs global cycling
>
> it is not clear to me why the mention "and the first line is not a
> headline" has been suppressed.

I traded completeness for clarity.

The reasoning is that the description about a pathological case -- here,
the first line of the buffer being a heading -- belongs to variable's
docstring, not to the manual.

We can add a footnote about that case, but even a footnote impedes
clarity.

Of course, if you have a clear wording that includes that pathological
case, I'll happily use it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou