Re: [O] orgmode for many continuous tasks?

From: Peter Neilson
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode for many continuous tasks?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:13:33 -0400

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:02:26 -0400, Mycroft Jones <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 07:14:25PM +0300, Melleus wrote:
That's true. But the clipboard can't beep when you might have forgotten
about some important appointment when shearing a sheep, driving a
tractor or doing other interesting things... If you don't neeed the
reminder functionality then the clipboard is the winner I should agree.

If you had a days advance warning, the appointment should be in the printout on the clipboard. If it is an appointment that suddenly came up, you should write
it on the clipboard.  If you have an urgent appointment scheduled, you
shouldn't be up on the roof or driving the tractor. :)

Mycroft

When I am driving the tractor I cannot hear anything beep. Maybe I should do a Hackaday project that would notify me. Air-raid sirens or eclipsing the sun might get my notice.

When shearing sheep I don't want anything on me that is any more high tech than the shears. The electric shears have a high-tech motor. The low-tech, which are actually safer for the sheep, have not changed in design for hundreds of years or more. Burgon & Ball have made them since 1730. https://www.burgonandball.com/shop/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=80

I have some nice aluminum clipboards that also have a compartment. Portable writing desk, if you will. I'm going to try incorporating them into a better method for keeping track of things. No beeping, though.