Re: [O] Allow more export options to be controlled per-subtree

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Allow more export options to be controlled per-subtree
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 18:59:19 +0000

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:47 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Besides the fact that it is not available, is there any incentive to do
so?

While talking to Amos (now CC'ed on this email) off-list on Gitter chat regarding the ox-hugo package, he had this test case[1] where he sets "#+OPTIONS: *:nil" to prevent the interpretation of Org emphasis chars in that table, which exports to this Markdown[2], and finally this[3].

Now, we can have a single Org file with multiple sub-trees and each sub-tree exports to a separate Markdown file. It would not be practical to globally set "#+OPTIONS: *:nil".

With this proposal implemented, if cases like the Org table linked above exist, we can disable emphasis interpretation localized only to that single subtree.

This proposal will basically allow each Org sub-tree to get all the export options the whole Org file gets; making sub-tree export a more prime feature.

AFAIC this variable could not exist.

I didn't understand that.

[1]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/master/test/site/content-org/single-posts/export-without-emphasize.org
[2]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/master/test/site/content/posts/export-without-emphasize.md