Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 14:03:12 -0500

> Hello,
>
> Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> have not beena ble to respons for health reasons.  i have rsposne
>> partly done.  i think result is slightly slower but seems tob e
>> correct if you count recent maint as correct.
>
> It can be slightly slower if you start with a cold cache and never
> re-use it, e.g., when you display only a single day and the most
> important agenda files were modified since last agenda display.

I am finding that the branch is still much slower than the current
master even when no agenda files have changed (i.e., when running
org-agenda-redo in an existing agenda buffer without changing anything).
This is true even when I set org-element-use-cache to t.

> OTOH, displaying, e.g., a whole week, month, year should be a lot
> faster.

Is this an unavoidable trade-off? Since I am constantly refreshing
single day agenda buffers and todo lists, I would much prefer a faster
single day display to a faster week or month display.

Matt