Re: [O] Insert heading above current one

From: Luciano Passuello
Subject: Re: [O] Insert heading above current one
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 17:02:02 -0300

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 4:29 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> OTOH, if we force the previous behaviour, as you suggest, there is no
> way to insert a new headline after the current subtree when point is at
> the beginning of a headline. A feature is lost.

Isn't that consistent with the regular org-insert-heading (M-RET)?
When cursor is in the beginning of a headline, there's no way to
create a heading below that line (using standard M-RET). It will
always create it above. So, having the cursor in the beginning of the
line overrides the standard behavior. Unless we move the cursor
somewhere else, that feature is also lost.

I see no reason why C-RET should behave differently, even if only for
consistency reasons.

> And I agree it should be deprecated. If there is no objection, I'll
> remove it.

I'm too much of a n00b to foresee all consequences of such
deprecation, so I prefer not to give my opinion here.
Doing a quick search on "org-insert-heading-respect-content t" I see
some people do find value in it.

Regards,
Luciano.