Re: [O] Trying to get chart from table working

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Trying to get chart from table working
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 09:12:58 -0400

On Oct 4, 2017, at 8:48 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wednesday,  4 Oct 2017 at 07:49, Peter Davis wrote:

[...]

By the way, I just re-installed Org from the package manager, so I'm now
at

Org mode version 9.1.1 (9.1.1-17-g24ea1b-elpa @
/Users/peterdavis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171002/)

I was hoping this would fix any possible installation inconsistency
problems. Is there a better way to do this?

It's not so much which version has been installed but whether you are
picking up this version as opposed to the one built-in to Emacs.  You
have to make sure this version is picked up when org is loaded.  Do you
have any org related aspects in your initialisation that may be invoked
before Emacs is told about the new version?

I tried running emacs in a shell window with no initialization file, and t.org *did* export HTML, and PDF (although I *still* don’t get the graph).

So yes, I guess there’s something in my init file that’s messing this up.

Chances of finding it in my lifetime: near zero.

Meanwhile, I have discovered a Google charting function which gives me an annotated time series graph that comes very close to what I need. Also, I’ve had no problems exporting many other documents to HTML and/or PDF. So I’m afraid solving this has dropped on my priority list.

Thank you all for your help,

-pd