Re: [O] Nested smart quotes

From: Martin Alsinet
Subject: Re: [O] Nested smart quotes
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 22:21:33 +0000

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 4:58 PM Adonay Felipe Nogueira <address@hidden> wrote:
What about using org-entities for these quotes?

\ldquo{}Hello \lsquo{}World\rsquo{}!\rdquo{}

This is Org mode syntax, not LaTeX.

Adonay:

I wanted to solve this using smart quotes, that is when I write I don't have to worry with anything other than writing, and the light formatting of org-mode is great for that (* for emphasis, / for italics, etc.) While the solution you are proposing is technically correct, it achieves the result, I find it too verbose and distracting from the text.

Actually I solved the problem by upgrading to org-mode 9.1.2 and leaving a space between the inner quote and the enclosing double quote.

Thanks and regards

Martín