[O] Fwd: Re: org-open-at-point fails on internal links

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: [O] Fwd: Re: org-open-at-point fails on internal links
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 14:38:21 -0400

[Forwarding because the list was dropped earlier in the thread but I
 didn't notice.  Scott, please don't drop the list in your replies.]

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: org-open-at-point fails on internal links Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 14:32:00 -0400
Scott Otterson <address@hidden> writes:

>   org-backward-paragraph()
>   org-inside-LaTeX-fragment-p()
>   org-footnote-in-valid-context-p()
>   org-footnote-at-reference-p()
>   ad-Advice-org-open-at-point

[...]

> org-mouse.el  (line 907) adds code to org-mode-hook, and that code adds
> advice to org-open-at-point, and that advice calls
> org-footnote-at-reference-p

Thanks for digging further.  Indeed org-mouse.el's advice would result
in the org-footnote-at-reference-p path being executed.

After loading org-mouse and using your example, I'm still not able to
trigger the error.  Could you debug org-backward-paragraph to find out
where the error is occurring?  You can do that by calling C-u C-M-x on
org-backward-paragraph or by evaluating

    (edebug-instrument-function 'org-backward-paragraph)

--
Kyle

--- End Message ---