Re: [O] Bug: org-2ft and/or float-time is wrong [9.1.2 (9.1.2-22-ga2a034

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-2ft and/or float-time is wrong [9.1.2 (9.1.2-22-ga2a034-elpaplus @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20171023/)]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 19:23:09 +0100

Hello,

Allen Li <address@hidden> writes:

> Removing the t for zone fixes it

[...]

> I will also note that the FIXME comment in org-parse-time-string
> suggests that it too is not handling timezones correctly.  In fact,
> perhaps org-parse-time-string should not take a zone argument, since
> Org does not support timezones thus the only valid value for zone is
> nil.  I suspect that org-display-custom-time, another caller that
> passes t for zone, is also timezone incorrect.

Both changes were introduced to fix some issues with daylight saving
time, in particular in clock reports. It is not possible to simply
suggest reverting them without considering the underlying issues.

I agree there are issues to fix. Unfortunately, the solution you suggest
is not sufficient.

> tl;dr time is hard.

I agree.

Regards,