Re: [O] org-capture-expand-file: Invalid file location: nil

From: Xi Shen
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture-expand-file: Invalid file location: nil
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 02:27:24 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry, I missed this one.

(global-set-key (kbd "C-c c") 'org-capture)

OK, thanks for the tip. The problem lies in the "org-capture-templates" settings. I think in the past, it accept a "nil" argument. Now it expects an empty string. Replacing nil with empty string solves my problem.

Regards,
David

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 5:23 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Xi Shen <address@hidden> writes:

> When I do C-c c, I got an error:

I don't see any "c" template in your `org-capture-templates'.

> org-capture-expand-file: Invalid file location: nil
>
> But (org-capture-expand-file "") returns the expected value. And the file
> does exist. But (org-capture-expand-file nil) raise an error.

This seems expected according to the docstring.

> So I guess the function was given an erroneous value.
>
> My relevant settings are:
>
> (org-capture-templates
>    (quote
>     (("t" "Task" entry
>       (file+headline nil "Tasks")
>       "* TODO %? %^g")
>      ("q" "Quick note" entry
>       (file+datetree nil)

Have you tried to specify an actual filename, or the empty string,
instead of using nil? Both `file+headline' and `file+datetree' expect
some file to operate on.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou