Re: [O] function for inserting a block

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] function for inserting a block
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 15:07:04 +0100

Hi,

Thanks you, Eric, for providing this new functionality.

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Maybe I missed something in this thread, but what about making
>> the change backward-compatible by allowing "<s" (or variants) to
>> be expanded?  For me, I'd rather type <s TAB than `C-c C-x w s'.
>
> I suggested the idea to remove "<s". The idea behind this remove is that
> many other template systems, e.g., YASnippet, already provides this.
> I didn't want to re-implement the wheel and let, instead, various parts
> of Emacs cooperate.

I am only reading the thread now; my apology for coming late to the "party".

I think the template expansion a la "<s" is brilliant.  I used to have
YASnippet installed for many years, and I never figured out how to use it
properly.  To me, it is a bit too complex a replacement.

I wonder if skeleton.el or abbrev could be used?  Perhaps it is sufficient
(for me) to bind the new function to "<".

Thanks,
Rasmus

PS: Thanks for remembering and advocating my distaste for the FORTRAN-ORG
style!

--
⠠⠵