Re: [O] [rfc] org-dired

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [rfc] org-dired
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:38:38 +0100

Hello,

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> org-dired (https://github.com/marcowahl/org-dired) is a experimental
> little tool to ease attaching files to org subtrees via dired.
>
> Actually I use this feature quite often.
>
> Up to now org-dired-attach-hardlinked-to-next-best-orgee is the only
> function available.
>
> The flow goes like so
>
>     Prepare
>     - In a dired buffer mark files or have the cursor on a file.
>     - Have also an org mode window open.
>     - Place the cursor in an orgee. (Orgee is short for org subtree.)
>     Act
>     - M-x org-dired-attach-hardlinked-to-next-best-orgee
>     Enjoy

Why is hard linking mandatory? Couldn't this function obey to
`org-attach-method'?

>     - Find the files attached to the orgee.
>
> Feel free to play with the implementation.
>
> WDYT?

According to this description, I think it could be implemented as
a function within "org-attach.el" instead of a new library.

Also, in the context of Org, an "org subtree" is simply a "subtree".
I prefer "subtree" over "orgee".

> Thanks for your time,

Thank you for your work.

Regards,