Re: [O] Poll: new keybinding for org-insert-structure-template?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Poll: new keybinding for org-insert-structure-template?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:37:23 -0800

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Rasmus' org-tempo patch has landed, and it's time to make a few
>> adjustments to org-insert-structure-template: I think we're moving to
>> string keys in the template alist, rather than character keys,
>
> Let me know when you want me to do the change to strings.

No time like the present! I don't think there's anything else remaining
to be done.

>> and also
>> some people noted that the keybinding "C-c C-x w" is too close to "C-c
>> C-x C-w", which kills a whole subtree. Not a good command to run
>> accidentally!
>
> Two other things that might be nice to changer are
>
>     - Perhaps there could be a space after at least "#+begin_src" so that
>       it’s ready to insert :keys.
>     - Perhaps there could be a newline between "#+begin_x" and "#+end_x".
>
> These things might already have been discussed in which case I missed
> them.

The first was mentioned, not the second; I think they're both good
ideas. There's a clause in o-i-s-t that puts point at the begin line for
certain structure types, that would be a fine spot to insert a space.

>> Given that the template system has been re-instated, are there any good
>> suggestions out there for a new keybinding for
>> `org-insert-structure-template'? This is the command that wraps existing
>> text in blocks.
>
> These aren’t too bad to typo on my keyboard: C-c C-. or C-c C-,

I like either of these...