Re: [O] Can export the files with bibliography only to LaTeX

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [O] Can export the files with bibliography only to LaTeX
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:11:34 -0200

Indeed, Pandoc is a way out ;)

I just would advise against converting from LaTeX to Word DOC.

I'd say stick to LaTeX and PDF.

This is important because: just like PDF, DOC (and also DOCX and
ODF-family) is sometimes binary file, but beyond that: DOC is not
standardized, and one can't edit a DOC in plain text editor, this makes
it difficult to read version differences for a given file (although it
can be used in revision/version controlled spaces, it still makes it
difficult for a human reviewer to read the differences).

Relying on these formats such as DOC and DOCX only serve to
make people more dependent on the non-free software behind these.

Finally, if writting collaboratively with someone else, either send them
the Org or LaTeX file anyways, or if they are reviewing the changes: either
make use of a revision/version control system, send them only the diffs
that come from the revision/version control system you're using, or send
them the HTML output of `diffoscope' comparing a PDF of a previous
version with the PDF of the new version.

For more information on the current caveats of using `diffoscope' with
PDF files, see my reply in [1].

[1]
<https://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-users/2017-December/083507.html>.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com