Re: [O] LaTeX (not Beamer) export options

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX (not Beamer) export options
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:12:17 +0000

On Thursday, 14 Dec 2017 at 18:05, Ken Mankoff wrote:
> Hi Org List,
>
> Is there an easy way to specify #+LATEX_HEADER options that will not
> be used when exporting to Beamer? I can do the opposite
> -#+BEAMER_HEADER lines are not exported to LaTeX. But I have some
> LaTeX config options that are getting in the way when exporting to
> Beamer.

Hopefully somebody else will answer with a proper org solution but, in
the absence of anything else, you could wrap the LaTeX code in the
latex_header with an \if looking for something that is unique to beamer
and only include the code if not beamer.  Something along the lines of

#+latex_header: \ifx\frametitle\undefined\usepackage{somepackage}\fi

which seems to work.  \usepackage{somepackage} is what you actually want
when not using beamer.  Replace with your own stuff.  You can make it
more readable by doing:

# only for LaTeX and not beamer
#+latex_header: \ifx\frametitle\undefined
#+latex_header: \usepackage{somepackage}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{another}
#+latex_header: \fi

HTH,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.4-214-ge8b71b