Re: [O] [RFC] Dog food, anyone?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Dog food, anyone?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 20:25:15 +0100

Hello,

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> I find the en-dash with spaces more aesthetically pleasing, too.

Unfortunately, Emacs manual thoroughly uses em-dash. We have to bite the
bullet, IMO.

I will change " -- " into "---" if there is no objection.

> Agreed. This is one of the first things we might do if manual.org
> becomes the official source of the Org manual.
>
> FYI, Phil Rooke's Documentation_Standards.org suggests title case for
> chapter heads and sentence case for section and subsection headings.

OTOH, Emacs manual seems to use title case at every level, barring some
exceptions (e.g., "Terminal emulator").

Maybe we should stick to title case to every heading that belong to
a menu, i.e., we can use sentence case for "notoc" headings.

Since Texinfo node names are derived from headlines, it means external
references to Org manual, if such thing exists, are going to break.

WDYT?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou