Re: [O] [ANN] OrgStruct is dead. Long live Orgalist.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] OrgStruct is dead. Long live Orgalist.
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 16:05:57 +0000

On Sunday, 31 Dec 2017 at 16:40, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> What's the value for `auto-fill-function' and
> `normal-auto-fill-function'?

auto-fill-function is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.
Its value is ‘message-do-auto-fill’

normal-auto-fill-function is a variable defined in ‘simple.el’.
Its value is ‘message-do-auto-fill’

> M-q should be bound to `orgalist-fill-item' when point is within a list.
> Outside, it should be bound to `fill-paragraph'. Be sure to check you
> don't do anything suspicious with M-q in your configuration.

Well, I've tried to make sure I don't do anything suspicious with
respect to M-q.  In normal text (within message mode), M-q is bound to
fill-paragraph.  In a list, M-q is now bound to orgalist-fill-item but
obviously if the item has been auto-filled badly, some of the lines in
the list are no longer recognised as a list.

So the problem is due to auto-fill not working properly.

There does seem to be another problem due to some interaction with evil
(which I use for all of my writing) but I haven't figured out exactly
what is going wrong yet (repeating a 'dw' invocation using '.'  deletes
to end of buffer).  I'll get back to you on this after more
experimenting.

thanks,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.5-269-g144451