Re: [O] Feature request: #+INCLUDE: with anchors

From: edgar
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: #+INCLUDE: with anchors
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 07:14:45 +0000

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 11:39:29 +0100
From: Rasmus <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

What would happen if one of the keywords aren?t unique?

Get the first instance? what happens when a referenced heading, block or table is not unique (or doesn't exist)?

Something similar can already be done in Org.  See this part of the
manual:

    Inclusions may specify a file-link to extract an object matched by
org-link-search (see Search options).

    To extract only the contents of the matched object, set
:only-contents property to non-nil. This will omit any planning lines
or property drawers. The ranges for :lines keyword are relative to the
requested element. Some examples:

    #+INCLUDE: "./paper.org::#theory" :only-contents t
       Include the body of the heading with the custom id ?theory?
    #+INCLUDE: "./paper.org::mytable"  Include named element.
    #+INCLUDE: "./paper.org::*conclusion" :lines 1-20
       Include the first 20 lines of the headline named ?conclusion?.

Although I was aware of this, I think that what you write is very useful, thank you.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!