Re: [O] Emacs repo comment about org-element's use of avl-tree--*

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs repo comment about org-element's use of avl-tree--*
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:59:43 +0100

Hello,

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> The commit below was made in Emacs's master branch (fe15532eef).  I'm
> posting it here for review/discussion rather than backporting it.

[...]

> +  ;; FIXME: Why use internal functions of avl-tree?
>    (avl-tree--node-left (avl-tree--dummyroot org-element--cache)))

[...]

> +    ;; FIXME: Why use internal functions of avl-tree?
>      (while node
>        (let* ((element (avl-tree--node-data node))
>            (begin (org-element-property :begin element)))

IIRC, this is because external functions do not give enough control over
the tree. For example, the code needs to be able to find a node whose
key matches a given predicate, efficiently.

This is not much of an issue, however. This implementation detail may
change at some point.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou