[O] Unexpected behaviour from capture-template

From: Brian J Hoskins
Subject: [O] Unexpected behaviour from capture-template
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 22:56:35 +0000

I have set up a capture template as follows (shortened for sake of brevity):

("h" "Health" entry (file+datetree "~/health.org")
 "* %? %^g\n%U\n** SYMPTOMS\n%^{SYMPTOMS}\n%^{SEVERITY}p\n")

This capture template (should) do the following according to my
understanding:

* Make a journal entry
* Prompt for tags
* Insert an inactive timestamp on a new line
* Prompt for symptoms, insert on new line heading 2
* Prompt for severity property, insert on new line
* Put the cursor back on the heading 1 line.

Everything works except for the property, which for some reason gets
inserted above the symptom line, even though it is prompted for last.
This is what the capture template looks like after finishing:

----------

* Test Health Journal    :HEADACHE:
  [2018-01-29 Mon 22:52]
** SYMPTOMS
:PROPERTIES:
:SEVERITY: 2
:END:
My symptoms...

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug here?

Many thanks in advance, fellow org-moders!

Cheers,

Brian.