[O] Org-get-property-block can’t handle preceding drawers

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [O] Org-get-property-block can’t handle preceding drawers
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:01:52 +0100

Hi!

I’m doing some restructuring of my Org files and I’m getting a lot of claims that I have malformed drawers. Some of these files are quite old, so at first this seemed like a reasonable problem, but when I looked closer everything looked fine. The problem was that I had :LOGBOOK: drawers before quite a few of my :PROPERTY: drawers and apparently org-get-property-block is /completely/ unaware of this possibility. At first I figured that the rules had changed and that the :PROPERTY: drawer must come first, but then I tried it out and Org would gladly create a new :LOGBOOK: drawer for an entry that already had a :PROPERTY: drawer and place the :LOGBOOK: drawer first.

Now, what’s worse is that the whole “you have a malformed drawers, should I fix it?” functionality in org-buffer-property-keys will not actually move the :PROPERTY: drawer to the location that it expects, it simply creates an empty :PROPERTY: drawer instead and leaves the “misplaced” one where it was.

What’s going on here?

Nikolai