[O] org-save-outline-visibility no longer saves drawer visibility

From: Dale Sedivec
Subject: [O] org-save-outline-visibility no longer saves drawer visibility
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:16:06 -0600

Hi!  I think maybe there's a bug in org-save-outline-visibility, or else I misunderstand what that macro is supposed to do.  Test case:

1. Start Emacs 26.0.91 with -Q and load org-mode from master (release_9.1.6-419-g4b2006).

2. Make an org-mode buffer with contents:

~~~~~~
* Foo
  :PROPERTIES:
  :bar:      baz
  :END:
~~~~~~

3. Fold the PROPERTIES drawer by moving to the line with :PROPERTIES: and hitting TAB.

4. M-: (org-save-outline-visibility t (org-show-all)) RET

Expected result: PROPERTIES drawer is still folded

Observed result: PROPERTIES drawer is no longer folded, its contents have become visible

Should org-save-outline-visibility save the visibility of drawers along with other visibility?

I am wondering if this is perhaps a consequence of 4403d4685e19, "Give drawers their own invisibility spec", where the 'org-hide-drawer invisibility spec was introduced?  As a consequence, org-outline-overlay-data (called by org-save-outline-visibility) no longer saves the invisible overlays for drawers, since those overlays' 'invisible property is no longer 'outline, but instead 'org-hide-drawer.

Thanks,
Dale