Re: [O] Converting AsciiDoc to org-mode, preserving index entries

From: Diego Zamboni
Subject: Re: [O] Converting AsciiDoc to org-mode, preserving index entries
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:07:21 +0100

Hi John,

Thanks - it would be indeed a one-time conversion. I may end up going this route, but I thought there should be a proper way of doing it :)

Best,
--Diego

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 1:25 AM, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
If it is a one-time conversion, it might be worthwhile just replacing the index terms with something temporary, getting to the org-file, and then putting them back in the right way. For example, you could replace each term with a uuid, and keep a list that maps the uuid to the term. Then the uuid would pass through the pandoc untouched, and afterwards, go back through and replace the uuid with the #+INDEX entries.

I don't know if that is worth the effort, but it might get you a faster org-doc than bug reporting :)

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering