[O] Add C-u behavior to <C-return>?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Add C-u behavior to <C-return>?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:42:51 +0000

Hello,

Lately, I have seen myself end up in a scenario where the point is at | as shown below, and I need to insert an Org heading at point.

=====
* heading
- list item

content
=====

Currently, I cannot any way to insert heading at point while *not respecting* the content, when the point is *immediately* after a list item.

C-return, C-u C-return, M-return, C-u M-return, none work.

I see that C-u C-return is "free".

C-return is bound to `org-insert-heading-respect-content ' whose definition is simply:

(defun org-insert-heading-respect-content (&optional invisible-ok)
  "Insert heading with `org-insert-heading-respect-content' set to t."
  (interactive)
  (org-insert-heading '(4) invisible-ok))

Would a patch be accepted that passes nil as ARG to org-insert-heading, instead of '(4)?

-----

I am aware that M-return does what I want if I first manully insert newlines after a list to "break" the list (by first moving the point as shown below).

=====
* heading
- list item

| (now do M-return)
content
=====

But still, having C-u C-return binding would be nicer..
--

Kaushal Modi