[O] Custom agenda search with variable?

From: mediapathic steen
Subject: [O] Custom agenda search with variable?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 18:33:06 -0800

I have a project named "clocks", and thus everything related to it across
multiple files is tagged that.

I have a custom agenda search that looks like

 ("C" "Clocks"
               ((agenda "" nil)
                (tags-todo "clocks/NEXT|DRAFT"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next")))
                (tags-todo "clocks/TODO"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Todo")))
                (tags-todo "clocks/WAITING"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Waiting")))
                (tags-todo "clocks/RESEARCH"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Research")))
              ))

This same basic setup is something I want to be able to see for several
projects. What I would like to do is have essentially this search, but in a
form wherein I am queried for the project name (in reality, just a tag), and it
gives me this search for that tag. Is there any reasonable way to do that? I've
looked through the custom agenda views section on worg and didn't find anything
that looked related.

(For anyone curious, I'm a writer, and "Clocks" is a novel. I'd like to be able
to see a focused and sorted view like this for every piece I'm working on at
any given moment.)

Thanks,
-- Steen