Re: [O] what settings would make original export to pdf as good as pando

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] what settings would make original export to pdf as good as pandoc conversion?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 07:08:19 +0000

On Thursday,  1 Mar 2018 at 16:09, Samuel Wales wrote:
> mostly ooc because pandoc looks good.
>
> but when i export a subtree [using recent maint] to pdf i get
> paragraphs that are indented and bunched up, and a table of contents
> is missing, and dunno what else.  maybe a quote is not set off or
> something like that.

Maybe it would help if you showed us what you mean.  Org's export to PDF
uses quite vanilla LaTeX directives by default.  I do not know what
pandoc does.

> just wondering if anybody has settings or filters or whatnot to make
> the latter look like the former.  [i don't need details on latex
> paragraph settings or ideas -- i won't be able to implement them.
> just wondering if there is a turnkey set of org settings you can do.]

Why can you not use any LaTeX settings?  Org has very extensive support
for allowing tweaking of the formatting.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-191-g90607d