[O] [Error] (was: how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] [Error] (was: how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 10:58:39 +0100

>>> "Thorsten" == Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

   > Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:
   > Hallo

   >> I know that the subject of my email exists already.
   >> [[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-08/msg00855.html]]

   > This works perfectly for your subject:

   > ,----[ C-h f outorg-edit-as-org RET ]

Thanks for the pointer, but alas it does not work in a gnus message/mail
buffer.

When I use that function I obtain the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Before first heading")
  signal(error ("Before first heading"))
  error("Before first heading")
  outline-back-to-heading()
  outline-end-of-subtree()
  outorg-save-markers((point-marker beg-of-subtree-marker mark-marker
  org-clock-marker org-clock-hd-marker org-clock-default-task
  org-clock-interrupted-task selected-task org-open-link-marker
  org-log-note-marker org-log-note-return-to
  org-entry-property-inherited-from))
  outorg-edit-as-org(nil)
  funcall-interactively(outorg-edit-as-org nil)
  call-interactively(outorg-edit-as-org nil nil)
  command-execute(outorg-edit-as-org)

Did you check this command, how do you use it?

Regards

Uwe Brauer