Re: [O] [Error]

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [Error]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 19:12:55 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:
>    > Hallo
>
>    >> I know that the subject of my email exists already.
>    >>
> [[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-08/msg00855.html]]
>
>    > This works perfectly for your subject:
>
>    > ,----[ C-h f outorg-edit-as-org RET ]
>
> Thanks for the pointer, but alas it does not work in a gnus message/mail
> buffer.

Hello,
I' pretty sure your outshine config is not complete:

Here is what I have:

at the top of my .emacs:

,----
| ;; *** Global Keys
|
| ;; must be set before outline is loaded
| (defvar outline-minor-mode-prefix "\M-#")
`----

then somewhere inside my .emacs (don't worry about "try-require", simply
use "require" in your code). outorg-export is optional too (but useful
for special needs in outorg exporting), I would highly recomment
navi-mode though (very fast navigation in outshine buffers).

,----
| ;; ** Outline
|
| (message "\n------ entering outline ------")
|
| (when (try-require 'outline)
| (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode)
| (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode))
|
| ;; outorg-export
| (try-require 'outorg-export)
|
| ;; outshine
| (try-require 'outshine)
| (add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook 'outshine-hook-function)
|
| (setq outshine-use-speed-commands t)
|
| ;; navi-mode
| (try-require 'navi-mode)
`----

most likely this line is missing, add it:

,----
| (add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook 'outshine-hook-function)
`----

Note that I did this:

,----
| (add-hook 'xyz-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode)
`----

for many other modes too, like ESS, picolisp, ledger, latex ... etc

HTH

--
cheers,
Thorsten